
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
To those who live in the United States, this is our traditional time to celebrate the bounty of the land and the blessings of life. (Personally, I like the way the Canadians celebrate it - in October so the holidays aren't quite so close together).
I trust you had plenty to eat - and I'm sure most of us had too much! - but I hope everyone thought at least once in the day to be thankful for all the freedom and blessings we've been given in this (not always) United States.
I learned something a few days ago that I don't remember learning in history - of course, that lesson would have been learned about 40+ years ago and the memory is failing. :o(
If you've already learned this, forgive me, but here goes...
In 1863, President Abraham Lincoln established a national holiday in the United States as "a day of thanksgiving and praise to our beneficent Father" - Thanksgiving Day. What is remarkable is that most holidays have been corrupted by commercialism while Thanksgiving Day has overall retained its intended purpose - a day [almost] wholly and entirely given to gratitude (and the ever-present football).
What would be even better than celebrating Thanksgiving Day with thankfulness would be to extend our thankfulness to every day of the year.
May you have a wonderful holiday season - only 4 weeks till Christmas - and remember to be thankful every day. ;o)
Warmly,
Toby
About the Author:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
To find the best home based business ideas and
opportunities so you can work at home visit:
http://www.Prosperity-Gate.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home